I personally don’t have a stinky shoe problem.. Probably because I hate tennis shoes and hardly ever wear them.. My husband and children on the other hand ALWAYS have stinky shoes. They use those babies daily and sometimes, my girls don’t wear socks! I know, gross.. Well, I think it’s about time we help out that stinky smell!
My all-natural shoe deodorizer is a simple but very effective concoction. To make your own, you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 18-20 drops Purification essential oil (I get mine here!)
- 1 pair of new socks
- 2 rubber bands
To make your shoe deodorizers:
- start by mixing 1/2 cup of baking soda and 3/4 cup of cornstarch in a bowl.
- Add in 18-20 drops of purification essential oil.
- Mix the solution well, making sure to break up any chunks from the purification oil.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into each new sock.
- It may not be pretty, but use the rubber bands around the sock opening to keep the deodorizer from spilling out.
- Place the socks in each shoe, stretching them out so it covers the whole inside.Now, stink-be-gone!